April 28, 2011

It ain't all bad



I realize that I mostly use this blog to voice misconceptions (or straight-up whine) about my curly hair, but that's not the whole picture. There are some really great things about having curls, too, so I've made a small list:

1. Curls make people happy. People smile at me brightly when saying, "I love your hair!" It's cheesy to say, but it's really great to be able to give a small joy to someone just by standing there.

2. Babies love me. I'm not sure what it's about, but babies love to stare at me. I think it's the combination of the texture of my hair and the light reflecting in my glasses. Whatever the reason, it's awesome!

3. People always think my hair looks good. Granted, I don't go out with the worst bed head, but still, sometimes I'll think I'm having the worst hair day ever and still get compliments. I can get away with being pretty lazy and I love it!

4. I never look like anyone else. Often I see this as a negative thing, but in a world where so many people have the same clothes, bags, shoes, etc. it's actually pretty cool to have a unique look.

P.S. Do you like my pictures? We watched "Napoleon Dynamite" last week and I was inspired by Glamour Shots by Deb (who wouldn't be?!).  All I need now are some great '80s bedsheets to use as backgrounds, then I'll pretty much have a business. pretty much. . .

5 comments:

  1. Babies do seem to love curly hair! Plus, you're just plain nice to babies. That helps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya. maybe i should be mean to babies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myla saw me on Facebook and said, "Is there anything new with Auntie Jenny's hair?" She's a big fan of this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hair

    myla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always had curly-hair-envy as my hair, no matter how much I TRY to curl it, is always inevitably straight. You should be happy you have such unique and beautiful hair, and I'm glad that you sound like you are grateful for it!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete