April 13, 2011

Cut it out!

I got my hair cut today.

I love going to see my stylist, Sally, (co-owner of Joji's Salon.) She has great energy, is always up for trying something new, and we have really interesting conversations while she chops. She's also the only hairstylist I've ever had with straight hair. How she knows what to do with curls is mystifying.

In contrast to my awesome experience with Sally, I have not always had a positive relationship with hairstylists. I've dealt with numerous bad haircuts, stylists who were too precious/possessive about my curls, and people who just had no clue what to do with my curls and decided to treat it like straight hair. Different situations which all end the same: tears.

It was fated that I find Sally, though. I was shopping on Main Street, feeling terrible about my grown-out haircut, and I stumbled upon a shopgirl with amazing curls. I, of course, think I have the right to talk to anyone with curly hair and find out all I can about how they care for it. She told me excitedly about her stylist, Sally, and the rest is history.

Go check her out for a great cut, good tea, and a heavenly head massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment