February 28, 2011

Just my imagination

Today, I saw a woman who has the hair that I only think I have - dark auburn, tight, luscious curls that shimmer under the light. I then glanced in the mirror, thinking I would see something very similar to that, only to realize that my hair doesn't look anything like that.

Many people think that I have natural auburn hair (which I didn't even know existed) because I've been dying it some shade of red or caramel since I was 12. I've recently decided to stop dying my hair (at least for now, I'm not making any life commitments here), mostly because I have no idea what my natural hair colour is anymore and I think that's a little ridiculous. I've also just become frustrated with the cycle of roots and dyeing.

So now to the task of working with what I actually have and not just what I imagine I have.


That blur to the right is my mom. I was trying to take a picture of both of us but she wasn't too keen/didn't quite get it. ("I mean, I don't even know how I would get to a blog, Jenny")

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That's hilarious. Maybe your blog should be on Bev's Place instead.

    ReplyDelete