February 9, 2010

The Olympics are coming, the Olympics are coming. . .

Apparently, this long-talked about event is finally upon us. Already, in the last few weeks, there have been more people coming into the city - more people wearing Olympic gear, more people with blue jackets and Olympic i.d. tags on Olympic lanyards, more people cramming into buses and sky trains.

Vancouver 2010 has been talked about for so long that I hardly believe it is really going to happen (or is most likely already beginning to happen behind heavily secured doors). Like that family trip your parents talk about planning when your 6 and are still planning 20 years later - it feels like something other people do and you just talk about.

What does it look like for 250,000 people to come into a city anyway? Where do they all stay? Where do they all come from? I just can't imagine the sheer volume of it! I guess I shall begin to find out this weekend. I'm both nervous and excited. I'm nervited or excivous. Not as good as smad, but I tried.

1 comment:

  1. do you work downtown this weekend? That'll be crazy times!!!!

    Ps I love your banter

    ReplyDelete