February 2, 2010

Cover your Bum, PLEASE!

Here's something I've been wanting to get off my chest.

LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!

I'm sure others have already stated this, like, a year ago, but apparently more emphasis is needed.
Seriously, I love myself a legging, but they are not a replacement for jeans.
This whole trend of young (and not so young) girls wearing a t-shirt, jean jacket, black leggings, and boots is not flattering. It is basically what happens when a trend goes out to the masses - we get comfortable with it and take it too far. It's not long before we're back to Peg Bundy or thinking black leggings and black dress pants are the same thing. You know who you are. The first step is admitting it.

5 comments:

  1. i agree. we all make bad choices sometimes.(crocs) (baggy jeans-pants on the ground). admit it and repent. J-co you is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Sasha says, "I admit it and I love it!' She has a whole outfit planned for cleaning her house when her fiance is around, and on outings with him; leopard print leggings (which she often wears as pants) with a knit leopard print dress and a leopard print cargigan.

    To me Peg Bundy = leopard print, so I had to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog J !!!!!! I like crocs though...Sorry E

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must say I like Crocs, too. Though, I only wear them at home and camping. But I also have a high-heeled pair that are quite stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sista! Have you seen this site before?
    http://tightsarenotpants.com/manifesto

    ReplyDelete