June 23, 2010

Apparently, Bikini = $$$$

Today, I bought my first decent bikini after years of slummin' it with Old Navy and H&M styles. HOLY CRAP! When did bathing suits get to be so expensive?!!? I'm pretty sure my heart stopped after just looking at the price tag. Especially after realizing that the top and bottoms were priced separately.

Now, I'll admit that I'm a bit stingy, especially in this age of disposable fashion, but do all bikinis cost over $100? Do woman pay this price every summer to look and feel good by the seashore? And that's why I decided to fork over the cash. I feel good in this suit and I can't remember the last time I've had that feeling. Dreading going in the water for one more summer seems ridiculous to me, especially since it's one of my favorite things to do.

So maybe feeling good about doing your favorite thing is worth paying a little extra for.

2 comments:

  1. try modcloth....

    http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear

    - r.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I do is buy them at the end of the season for really cheap. Then I have a nice one for next year. But I usually only buy a new one every 3 years, which means it's easier to think ahead like that when you've spent the summer wearing your 'old' one.

    Over $100 is dumb!

    ReplyDelete