April 7, 2010

1992 returns

Honestly, am I in elementary school again? Is it 1992 already? 
I have been walking through stores shaking my head, open-mouthed, hardly believing that these trends I wore in grade 2 could be making a come-back. 

I cannot bring myself to wear clogs, overalls, light-denim shirts, or mixed pastels, which I'm pretty sure I wore all at the same time at one time in my life. I don't want to wear items for fashion's sake that make me feel like a gawky 8-year old. 
Don't get me wrong, I loved 1992. I have fond memories of the music I listened to and even the clothing I wore, I just don't think I can do it again.
I'll have to see if I can get over my awkward fashion flashbacks before these trends are over.

2 comments:

  1. 1. i love overalls. with the right cut of course. i can't find any that would work for me...yet.
    2. i've already started wearing the denim on denim trend. and i'm looking for the perfect light denim button up shirt
    3. cloggs are gross. but i feel like, there could be a cool pair out there somewhere.
    4. 90's was all about being comfy and unpolished, which is my school uniform. big cosby show sweaters, totally my thing!
    5. trends always make me laugh. you know a trend is out when nontrendy moms are trying to pull them off

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, just never say never. perhaps you'd feel different with more distance. next time. and it helps to still have something from when you were 13 for that 2nd time round.

    ReplyDelete